About Montana Housing
Montana Housing strengthens our vibrant communities by supporting access to safe, affordable and sustainable homes for hard-working Montanans whose housing needs are not met by the market. Our professional and courteous staff work to create a variety of housing opportunities for Montanans by partnering with local organizations across the state and leveraging federal housing funds available to Montana.
Montana Housing staff can assist you with:
- Buying a home, down payment assistance
- Mortgage servicing, Reverse Annuity Mortgages
- Rental housing assistance
- Multifamily rental development
Montana Housing works with community partners across the state, and together we ensure Montana families have access to safe and affordable homes.
Goals and Objectives
In order to fulfill our mission, we are committed to achieving the following goals and objectives:
- Explore new financing methods of multifamily rental housing, including methods to increase efficiency of the Housing Credit program.
- Assess and implement opportunities with HUD and USDA-RD to preserve existing affordable homes.
- Create conventional financing opportunities in partnership with lenders.
- Support cooperative efforts to provide homebuyer education and foreclosure prevention counseling.
- Facilitate training and educational opportunities to our partners, including lenders, realtors, owners, developers, property managers and Field Agencies.
- Explore opportunities to administer additional rental assistance contracts and/or apply for newly available rental assistance programs to increase resources in Montana.
Department of Commerce 2021 Biennium Goals & Objectives