Thinking of becoming a Homeowner?
Montana Housing helps make home ownership affordable for home buyers through low-interest mortgages, down payment assistance and various loan programs. If you are dreaming of buying your first home, but not sure you can afford it, a Montana Housing low-interest mortgage and may be just the help you need. Montana Housing helps make home ownership affordable for home buyers through various loan programs and the mortgage tax credit program.
Montana Housing is an investor, not a lender; therefore it is the participating lenders from around the state that conduct the credit analysis and qualify buyers for a Montana Housing loan. The lender closes the loan and then sells it to Montana Housing.
Why ask for a Montana Housing loan?
- Low fixed rate loans: meaning the principal and interest portion of a low monthly payment will never change over the life of the loan.
- Down payment and closing cost assistance: Montana Housing can assist with out-of-pocket costs, enabling homebuyers to achieve ownership sooner.
- Generous income and purchase price limits: Buy the home you want and that you can afford
- No Pre-Payment Penalties: Buyers can prepay all or any part of the outstanding balance at any time without penalty.
- Local Mortgage Servicing: All loans are serviced in-state either by Montana Housing or a local participating lender.
What are the steps to homeownership?
- Find a homebuyer education class in your area
- Verify your eligibility with a Montana Housing participating lender
- Work with a realtor to find an affordable home that fits your needs
- Make an offer!
- Schedule a home inspection with help from your realtor
- Work with your lender to complete the loan process
- Move into your new home!
Be sure to ask your lender about Montana Housing programs!