Young family moving into their new home, a Housing Choice Voucher will assist them with their rent each month.

Homeless Veteran (HUD-VASH)


The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Program combines Housing Choice Voucher rental assistance for homeless veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The Montana Department of Commerce's Rental Assistance Bureau provides this rental assistance for eligible veterans across the state, except Billings.For more information, call (406) 841-2830 and ask for assistance with the VASH Program. For veterans in Billings who want more information, contact the Housing Authority of Billings by calling (406) 245-6391 and ask for assistance with the VASH Program.

Useful Links and Resources:

HUD-VASH Voucher Program - Fact Sheet

HUD-VASH Voucher Program - Overview

HUD-VASH Frequently Asked Questions

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Homeless Veterans

Homelessness Resource Exchange - HUD-VASH Fact Sheet

National Coalition for Homeless Veterans

National Alliance to End Homelessness

100,000 Homes - Mythbusters: Using HUD-VASH to house homeless Veterans

Return to HOMEBUYERS Information        Return to HOMEOWNERS Information        Return to RENTERS Information        Return to MULTIFAMILY HOUSING DEVELOPMENT Information        Return to COMMUNITY PARTNER Information        Return to INVESTORS Information

301 S. PARK AVE, STE 240 | PO BOX 200528 | HELENA, MT 59620-0528 | P: 406.841.2840 | F: 406.841.2841 | TDD: 406.841.2702 | TOLL FREE: 800.761.6264