Montana Housing work crew recruitment is under way, to help finish homes under construction by Helena Area Habitat for Humanity!
We would like to invite anyone from the Department of Commerce to join us. Please follow the same instructions below, if you are interested.
We will be working on the site in the Mountain View Meadows Community. The address is 2878 Twilight Ave. in Helena.
We will be working on several different tasks including, painting, hanging doors, and installing trim, etc.
The following dates and times are available:
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 8:30am to 4:00pm (We will break for lunch around 12, you can either pack a lunch or run and grab something during that break.)
If interested, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday? or Saturday?
- You may also send any questions, and I will reply with answers
- Call Penny Cope in Montana Housing, if you wish to speak to a person.
Montana Housing and any other Commerce staff and their families may participate. Volunteers must be 16 years old or older. Volunteers under the age of 18 must bring a youth waiver signed by a parent, with them to the construction site on their scheduled build day. Minor volunteers may not operate power tools or work at heights above six feet.
Please be sure to wear close-toed shoes and warm clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty.
We will have a water cooler on site but we encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle if you have one. You are also encouraged to bring snacks for yourself, in case you need them.
Guidelines for Construction Volunteers
- We do not have set break times, but feel free to take a break whenever needed.
- Be conscious of the safety of others and yourself.
- Do not continue working on a task that you are unable to do or feel uncertain about.
- Always ask questions.
- Hard hats are to be worn when any overhead tasks are being performed. These will be provided.
- Volunteers must wear protective glasses anytime they are operating power tools.
- We work year-round and work outside in the rain. We only cancel work when there is dangerous weather.
THIS WILL BE A FUN EVENT AND WE WILL ALSO MAKE A REAL IMPACT ON OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY.